#21 stupiditytries87

stupiditytries87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE(nimrod1979 @ Apr 9 2008, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My friend from work gave me Spinal Tap for my birthday, but have not watched it yet. I'm still very bad with watching movies on my own.

Spinal Tap is very dated, but very funny, especially if you get in on the joke sooner rather than later when watching happy.gif

#22 nimrod1979

nimrod1979

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:27 AM

^^I'll check it out one of these days. I still haven't even started watching Season 8 of That 70's Show and I bought it last tuesday laugh.gif

#23 Rosie

Rosie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:music :)

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:32 PM

1. Finding Nemo

smile.gif
mmmm, vanilla tea...

myspace.com/rosiexjones

#24 BlackMagic

BlackMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, music, history, archaeology, pizza, SHBs

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:53 AM

Ah, good topic, thanks for bringing it back, Rosie, I woulda missed it!

I'm a bit older than most here, so here's my favorites, most of which I doubt you've even heard of! laugh.gif

1. Dirty Harry (1971). (Clint Eastwood...do ya feel lucky, punk? Well, DO ya? Bad-a**, streetwise LA homicide cop goes up against a shadowy psycho killer named Scorpio (based on the famous still-uncaught Zodiac killer and played brilliantly by Andy Robinson) while bucking the system at every chance he gets. He breaks the rules constantly and tells his boss, the Chief of Police and the Mayor to get ****ed all the time, because he's not the type to let mere laws get in his way of getting punks off the streets. He's got a job to do and he's bad-a** enough to get it done, HIS way, with his longbarrel 44 Magnum).
2. The Shining. (Jack Nicholson gets a job as a winter caretaker at a haunted, lonely hotel and becomes possessed by the evil spirits. Two REALLY creepy little ghost girls hang out in the hallways always giving Jack's lil son a few premature white hairs as he cruises the creepy, empty halls on his big wheel).
3. Neil Simon's 'Murder By Death' ( A parody of detective mysteries, an all-star cast. All the famous detectives of the day are invited to 'dinner and a murder' at a rich dudes' mansion, with a million bucks going to the one who solves it. It has Peter Sellers, David Niven, Peter Falk, Eileen Brennan, Elsa Lanchester, James Coco, Nancy Walker, Estelle Winwood, Alec Guiness as Jamessir Bensonmum the blind butler, and a rare appearance on film by Truman Capote as the guy who sets it all up. All the detectives are take offs on actual detectives, like Ms. Jessica Marbles is really Agatha Cristie's Miss Marple, Peter Sellers is Sidney Wang, really Charlie Chan, etc....).
4. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World.(Another all-star comedian cast. 'Smiler' Grogan stole a few hundred thousand in a heist and hides the money, keeping his secret all through his jail time. When released from jail, he ends up driving his car off a cliff while being chased by cops who are shadowing him to try and get the money back and a bunch of regular shmoes driving by who see the accident go down to see if they can help the guy after the crash. Smiler tells these folks of the money then kicks the bucket (literally) and the race is ON to Santa Rosita park to score the cash. All they know is it's 'hidden beneath a giant 'w''. Complete insanity follows as they all try and be first to get to the park, while the cops are secretly tailing them all the whole time. Spencer Tracy is the head cop, but he got screwed in his retirement, is henpecked at home beyond belief and secretly plans to find the money himself and hoof it to Mexico. Too many greats to list, Milton Berle, Phil Silvers, Jonathon Winters, Sid Ceaser, Ethel Merman, Don Knotts, Spencer Tracy, Buddy Hacket, Mickey Rooney, Terry-Thomas, Jim Backus, **** Shawn.....one of the greatest all-time comedies ever made...)

5. Wow, hard to pick only 5.....guess I'll have to go with the war classics..a tie between 'Where Eagles Dare' (1968) and "The Battle of the Bulge' (1965). Great war action with fantastic all-star casts! Made back before movie making turned into a big bunch of greedy money making, back when plot and talent made the movie, not hype and gore.

All-time favorite TV show, The Black Adder series with Rowan Atkinson as Edmund Blackadder, a true English comedy classic. Blackadder I wasn't that funny, but II, III and IV (Goes Forth) are some of the funniest sarcastic comedy ever written. After ol Edmund comes a bunch of Adult Swim shows like the Aqua Teens, Harvey Birdman, Sealab 2021, Tom Goes to the Mayor, Minoriteam, Stroker and Hoop, Perfect Hair Forever, Space Ghost Coast-to-Coast...all great, really twisted stuff! laugh.gif

And special mention to Rob Reiner's 'This Is Spinal Tap', my all-time favorite take-off comedy (crank that amp up to 11!) and Monty Python and the Holy Grail, one of the top ten greatest comedies ever made, in my opinion...

#25 Duck69

Duck69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:53 AM

No particular order (and many more than five):

The Land Before Time
Jurassic Park
Gladiator
Star Wars
Leon the Professional
The Life of David Gale
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
A Beautiful Mind
Memento
The Virgin Suicides

@+++ Duck69

#26 Lauren34

Lauren34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:09 AM

Top Five:
(I couldn't possibly order these)
1. Gone With The Wind
2. Forrest Gump
3. BBC's Pride and Prejudice (The one with Firth and Ehle)
4. Office Space
5. Beauty and the Beast

A few more...

6. Saved
7. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
8. Wedding Crashers
9. Without a Paddle
10. The Pianist

#27 epsilonwolf

epsilonwolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:54 PM

here's a quickly drawn...not well thought-out....guaranteed to change...definitely undefinitive list :

1. Gattaca
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Rachel Getting Married
4. Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail
5. Akira Kurasawa's Rashomon tied with David Lynch's Mullhulland Drive

..and best of technically not 'really' a real movie categorie :

1. Star Trek The Next Generation series finale; 'All Good Things'

#28 epsilonwolf

epsilonwolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:34 AM

updated top 5

1. Mulholland Drive
2. Rashomon
3. Jaws
4. Monty Python & The Holy Grail
5. The Empire Strikes Back

plus

6. ET
7. Gattaca
8. Infernal Affairs
9. Lost In Translation
10. Rachel Getting Married

#29 Luxx

Luxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:58 AM

1) The Shawshank Redemption
2) Fight Club
3) The Social Network
4) Blow
5) The Green Mile

#30 Felice

Felice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Photography, traveling, music, diplomacy, sports, hanging out with friends, linguistics and poetry writing.

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:38 AM

My top 5 :)

1. So Close
2. White Chicks
3. Almost Famous
4. Kill Bill vol. 1
5. The Pianist
Posted Image

"Silence is loud when all you hear is your heart."--Here With Me, Michelle Branch

I don't bite. Follow me: https://twitter.com/#!/felicejeanine

#31 krenrowan

krenrowan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:46 AM

My favorite movie are Terminator,Avatar,X-Man,The Mummy,The Matrix,300,2012 and Sucker Punch.

#32 nelsonjohnson

nelsonjohnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

some top five movies here are my favourites

1. the crow
2. chance
3. serenity
4. party monster
5. Rambo first blood part 1

#33 alicehussy

alicehussy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:reading books

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

I didn't still got the idea that which movie I kept in top 5 positon. But, I would say that According to me there are lots movies that I feel that they are the best. Mission impossible, The independence day, Baby's day out,Titanic and Transformer are the best movies for me.

#34 Watts87

Watts87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Music, Politics, Travel

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

In no particular order- The Godfather, Some Kind of Wonderful, Fried Green Tomatoes, Some Kind of Monster, Braveheart. Honorable mentions-The Patriot, The Jerk, Rocky, Rocky II, Benny & Joon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users